Do you have an interest in intercultural affairs? What about political activism or the natural sciences? Student organizations at VCU are a great way to connect with other students who share your interests while gaining valuable leadership experience. The College of Humanities and Sciences Student Leadership Council is always looking for motivated students to help it plan and promote activities.
RamsConnect is your one-stop shop to find everything related to student organizations at VCU. RamsConnect is home to all undergraduate, graduate and professional organizations on campus that are registered with the Student Leadership and Involvement Center. You can use RamsConnect to browse campus organizations, view organization events and manage your student organization.
Visit the RamsConnect website to browse all the organizations on campus and find contact information for the group you are interested in learning more about. You can log in using your VCU eID.
CHS academic student organizations
- Queer Action: Virginia Commonwealth University's longest running LGBTQ* & ally group on campus. It is a student-run organization that partakes in both activist and social events. Our goal is to promote equality and spread awareness and resources to the Queer community of and around VCU.
- GSWS Student Advisory Committee: The goals and purpose of the advisory committee can be summed up in three points: recruitment, curriculum development, and programming/events.
- Free Figure Revolution: A brand-new student org advocating self-love, beauty across race/shape/gender--anti-body shaming and anti-bullying.
- Jail Mail: Writing letters, making zines, and preparing care packages for prisoners in the Richmond City Jail and LGBTQ Prisoners in the US. We also have an ongoing book drive and sanitary product drive for prisoners. Jail Mail is every Monday from 1 to 3 pm in the Crenshaw House conference room.
- SAVES: The mission of SAVES at VCU is to assist in prevention and offer support to those affected by sexual violence, intimate partner violence, sexual harassment, and stalking. We do this through promoting awareness, hosting educational events, and advocating for and with survivors. SAVES also works closely with other student organizations to mobilize and advocate on safety issues that matter to students.
- Equality VCU: Formerly the LGBT Subcommittee of the Equity and Diversity Committee, Equality VCU is a collaborative, advisory and advocacy body representing the aspirations and concerns of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans*, queer, questioning, intersex/DSD, and asexual peoples and their allies (LGBTQQIAA) affiliated with Virginia Commonwealth University. We co-sponsor Lavender Graduation with Equality VCU
- Art Mafia: A student group that imagines and organizes the Fall and Spring semesters' GSWS Art Shows.