Experiential Learning Scholarships
Are you planning an internship, research experience or study abroad trip? Or do you have an interest in attending a professional conference or have an idea for a social entrepreneurship project?
The College of Humanities and Sciences offers several scholarships, including the Baldacci Student Experiential Learning Endowed Fund, that provide financial support for students participating in experiential learning opportunities. Awards up to $5,000 will support these types of experiential learning activities. Applicants for these funds must be full-time undergraduate rising juniors or seniors, in good academic standing (cumulative GPA of ≥ 2.0), and be primary majors in the College of Humanities and Sciences.
To be considered, complete the College scholarship application on our scholarship portal.
COVID-19 Note: Any scholarship that offers funding towards travel-related expenses may be suspended until such time as VCU deems to be a safe travel environment. The health and safety of our students, faculty and staff are our first priority.
Accepting applications through March 20, 2023.
- Applicants must be full-time undergraduate rising juniors or seniors, in good academic standing, and be primary majors in the College of Humanities and Sciences.
- Applications outlining experiences with total costs above $5,000 will be considered, but only awarded at a maximum of $5,000 per request.
- Funds may be requested for, but are not limited to:
- Summer weekly stipend
- Academic year hourly financial support
- Travel to/from experiential learning site in the U.S. or abroad
- Additional costs associated with study abroad including required tuition
- Expenses associated with attendance and presentation at professional conferences
- Other supplies/expenses associated with experiential learning experience
- A statement describing your proposed experiential learning opportunity
- An outline and narrative of your budget to participate (view sample budget proposals)
- A letter of reference from your experiential learning sponsor/mentor/supervisor